Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Later that night...

Just a short one...
I think I've had my first real day where I am thinking "Vancouver's okay." Or maybe "Vancouver is just alright with me...Vancouver is just alrighttttttttt"
This may have to do with the fact that my parents are now in the same province...right now in Victoria visiting my favourite friends Barbara and James...but I also had a pretty decent day. I woke up around 9:30am, went for a run along the ocean (25 min run then 6 min walk up a crazy steep hill then 20 min run home) and then had this job interview thingy that I wrote about before. Colin got home around 6pm and we headed to Richy's and made veggie burgers and salad and fries, did some work on Logic and then watched a MuchMusic Spotlight on Beyonce (I hadn't heard half of the new songs...I'm old.) Driving home, we listened to the National even though Colin CLAIMS he doesn't like them (I don't believe him, it's impossible) and I looked out the window at the lovely Vancouver skyline. Or I guess maybe it was West Van? I don't know yet -- I'm not great at finding my way around -- but it was really pretty.

So I thought to myself -- Vancouver's alright. I think I might end up liking it here. But it has a lot to do with good music and nice skylines.

There is still one thing that totally sucks though, and will be continual -- when I want to text people past 10pm my time, they are usually asleep. So I end up sending a lot of texts that go unanswered until around 8am my time. I guess I need to make some friends here. But I don't want to!!!! I LOVE MY FRIENDS!!!

MY CATS ARE GOING INSANE!! Monster just full on jumped on my boob. They are tearing around like maniacs!!! Okay THEY are the best thing in the world!!!

I know this post is totally crazy but I wanted to write and assure my friends that I'm okay for now. But also -- I'm really looking forward to showing you all around this city (I'll try and figure it out better before you arrive) so don't be slacking on planning your trips!!!

xox
Laura

1 comment:

APEX said...

I really hate it when Tobey jumps on my boob, happens all the time!!!
SO happy to read this post LD...so happy.

I'm thinking Easter... :)